Wireless charging has become popular as a handy cordless alternative to charging your mobile device. In 2017, Apple released iPhone 8 and iPhone X, bringing wireless charging to its line of premium smartphones. Since then, most new iPhone models have supported wireless charging. Find out if iPhone XR supports wireless charging in this article.
Does the iPhone XR have Wireless Charging?
The iPhone XR does not have built-in wireless charging capability. However, some workarounds can allow you to charge your iPhone XR wirelessly. This can be done; by use of third-party wireless charging cases or with a Qi-certified wireless charger.
What is the top-rated wireless charger for the iPhone XR?
To wirelessly charge your iPhone XR, you will need a wireless charging pad or mat, and what better option than the Magsafe charger? Apple offers a wireless charging pad called the “MagSafe Charger,” designed to work specifically with the iPhone 8 and newer models, including the iPhone XR. To purchase the chargers you can visit this link:
From the link above, refer to this section, “Compatibility.” to know if your iPhone XR is compatible with the Magsafe charger.
The MagSafe Charger uses magnets to align your iPhone with the charging coil for a faster and more efficient charging experience.
Besides the MagSafe Charger, there are alternative third-party wireless charging pads that work with the iPhone XR.
What other third-party wireless charging pads are there?
There are many third-party wireless charging pads available for the iPhone XR. Some popular options, https://www.apple.com/shop/accessories/all under “Accessories”, include:
- Anker Wireless Charger: This is a reputable brand in the charging industry, and its wireless charging pad is an excellent option for the iPhone XR.
- Belkin Boost Up Wireless Charging Pad: It is another popular option compatible with the iPhone XR and known for its fast charging speed.
- Mophie Wireless Charging Pad: Mophie is a stylish brand in the wireless charging space, its charging pad is a reliable option for the iPhone XR.
Is iPhone XR wireless charger Qi-certified?
Yes, the iPhone XR is Qi certified for wireless charging. This means it can be charged on any Qi-compatible wireless charger, including Apple's wireless charging pad and third-party wireless charging pads, as long as it supports the Qi wireless charging standard. When shopping for a wireless charger for your iPhone XR, check that it is also Qi certified to ensure compatibility and safe charging.
How to wirelessly charge your iPhone
To wirelessly charge your iPhone XR:
Step 1: Power up your charger.
Step 2: Place the charger on a surface level as the manufacturer recommends.
Step 3: Place your iPhone on the charger with its screen facing up.
Note: Place it at the center of the charger for optimal performance.
Ensure a flash icon is on the top right of your screen. After you place your iPhone on the wireless charger, it should begin charging within a few seconds.
How to choose an excellent wireless charger for iPhone XR
A reliable wireless charger should meet all the following fundamental standards.
https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/best-qi-wireless-charger-for-iphone-and-android-phones/ Refer to this link under “How we picked”
1. Charging speed
The iPhone XR supports the Qi 1.2 standard, the most widely used wireless charging technology with speeds of up to 15 watts, but 7.5 W and 10 W chargers are commonly used. When it comes to wireless charging speeds, the iPhone XR can charge wirelessly at speeds of up to 7.5 W using a regular Qi wireless charger. You can as well use an Apple-certified MagSafe charger that has 15W.
2. WPC certification
When choosing a wireless charger, consider those certified by WPC. This indicates that the charger has been evaluated and deemed safe and compliant with the Qi standard. But, if a wireless charger is not approved, it does not necessarily imply that it is dangerous or non-compliant.
3. Brand Reputation
A maker's reputation is essential when choosing a wireless charger for your iPhone XR. Even the most reliable chargers can sometimes have issues, so choosing a brand with a good reputation for warranty coverage and customer support is essential.
Why isn't my iPhone XR wireless charging, and how to fix it?
If your iPhone XR is not wirelessly charging, there could be several reasons for this: Follow this link to understand more https://www.ipitaka.com/blogs/news/10-reasons-why-your-iphone-is-not-charging-wirelessly-with-fixes
- Incompatible wireless charger: Your wireless charger may not be compatible with the iPhone XR. Ensure you are using a Qi-certified wireless charger compatible with the iPhone XR.
- Misalignment: The iPhone XR must be appropriately aligned with the wireless charging pad for it to charge wirelessly. Ensure your phone is centered on the charging pad and no obstructions are blocking the charging pad and your phone.
- Low power source: If the power source that you are using for your wireless charger is low or insufficient, your iPhone XR may not charge wirelessly. Ensure your wireless charger is properly plugged in and has enough power to charge your iPhone.
- Software issues: If your iPhone XR has any software issues, it may not charge wirelessly. Try restarting your iPhone or updating its software to the latest version.
If none of these choices work, there might be a hardware problem. In that case, you need to take your iPhone XR to an authorized service center for further diagnosis and repair.
The iPhone XR does not have built-in wireless charging capability. However, the model is Qi certified for wireless charging and can be charged on any Qi-compatible wireless charger, including Apple's MagSafe Charger and third-party charging pads. Consider charging speed, WPC certification, and brand reputation when choosing a wireless charger. With a suitable wireless charger that offers 7.5 watts of power, the iPhone XR can charge wirelessly at a maximum speed, typically taking around 45 minutes to an hour to charge from 0 to 50%. Enjoy the convenience of juicing up your iPhone XR wirelessly!